Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Avett Brothers in Tucson May 7

With a highly anticipated - and as of yet unnamed - new Rick Rubin-produced album scheduled for release this summer, The Avett Brothers are in good position to make huge waves in 2009.

Today comes good news from both the band, who announced a big U.S. tour starting in April, and NPR's All Songs Considered, which announced The Avett Brothers will be one of their featured acts March 18 at SXSW. The show will be streamed live and archived for podcast, and NPR promises previews of songs from the band's upcoming release.

On May 7 the band hits Tucson for a show at the Rialto Theatre. I missed them the last time around, opting to see all four bands on the bill for The Swim's CD release show, and received such glowing reviews later that night that I wished I'd tried to cram more into that already packed night, so there's no way I'll let this one go by.

Check out the All Songs Considered blog for more news on SXSW podcasts.

DOWNLOAD:
The Avett Brothers - Will You Return?
The Avett Brothers - If It's The Beaches

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the first time I've listened to If It's the Beaches. What a sweet/sad tune. I wonder what you think of Antony and the Johnsons. Not exactly your cup, but its something.

G.T.

Catfish Vegas said...

I'm more into the rough and raspy voices, as well you know, but Antony has a song on this new Dark Was The Night compilation - a Dylan cover nonetheless, "I Was Young When I Left Home" - that agrees with me pretty damn well.
And those Avetts, man, they're the real deal.