Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

The best post I've read today is over at Echoes In The Wind, which emphasizes just how little has changed since the last Memorial Day. He's got a baker's dozen of great songs and some nice sentiments on the day.

The only thing I have to add is that I'm thankful that all the family and friends I have who have been in the service over the years returned home safe and have had the good fortune to live their lives. For those who didn't return, may they always be remembered. And may wisdom actually prevail the next time some president wants to start a war.

DOWNLOAD:
Bob Dylan - John Brown
Bruce Springsteen - Mrs. McGrath (live)
R.E.M. & Billy Bragg - My Youngest Son Came Home Today (live)

(I'll be back tomorrow with part 2 of the post on Mixes)

No comments: