Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Cover of the Rolling Stone

Who’s it gonna be? C’mon, you pop-culture freaks, indie-rock snobs, movie junkies and the like, think ya know? Well, who’s it gonna be?
In a game that never quite got off the ground, some folks and I tried getting together a little lottery a couple years back. The simple premise: who will be on the cover of the next Rolling Stone. I think George got one right once and the gig just sorta fizzled out.
But since it’s such an immediately fascinating notion, I’ll bring it back right here. Not as a contest sort of thing, ‘cause I don’t feel like administering it, but just for discussion (and argument!):
Who will be on the next Rolling Stone cover (current one is Eminem)?

post your answer in the comments

8 comments:

Catfish Vegas said...

Since Old Dirty Bastard is too much to hope for, I'll jump into the TV world on this one and ride a darkhorse candidate: Teri Hatcher or some combination of Desperate Housewives cast members.

Zackataca said...

Johnny Depp. Oscar prediction for Finding Neverland.

Mr. Chair said...

Both shrewd stabs. Assuming duplication is prohibited by the early bird doctrine, I'll guess...

Jude Law. Some sexy for the ladies and has about a gagillion movies out.

Backup: U2. I may be jumping the gun, but this album is gonna blow up.

Mr. Tim Finnagain said...

Franz Ferdinand

Mr. Chair said...

Clarification Finnagain. This game is like playing the horses. It's not who you'd like to win, but who you believe will win. May want to rethink that pick.

Chomberson said...

Jim Carrey. It's never too early to promote Hollywood's X-Mas diarrhea (not that lemony snicket looks bad, but it is the blockbuster to beat this season.)

Or possibly, hope against hope, Bill Murray (Life Aquatic looks like the shiz-nit)

Zackataca said...

This is so exciting. What do we get if we win?

Mr. Tim Finnagain said...

I thought it was an end-of-the-year sort of thing, and I thought Franz Ferdinand was a major hit of 2004. I can't really speculate on movie stars cause I haven't seen any movies in theatres this year (except Brown Bunny and Dogville), so I still think that as far as music goes, Franz Ferdinand.

If I had to pick who I WANTED to see on the cover, I would have to go with Jimmy Eat World. Have you guys heard the new album?!?! 10 stars.