Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Summer 13

I'm not particularly happy about it, but there's no doubt that it's been summer for a while now. It's hot and steamy and, despite the rain, generally kind of miserable here in the desert. But it's the price to pay for 70-degree sunny days all winter.

To celebrate the season, here are some of the best songs I've heard in the second quarter of 2011. Ladies, it's the Catfish Vegas Summer 13:

• Bon Iver - Halocene (my review of Bon Iver)


• Generationals - Greenleaf (my review of Actor-Caster)


• J Mascis - What Happened


• Paul Simon - Dazzling Blue (my review of So Beautiful Or So What)


• Times New Viking - Fuck Her Tears (my review of Dancer Equired)


• Fleet Foxes - Grown Ocean


• Okkervil River- Wake And Be Fine


• The Antlers - I Don't Want Love


• The Rosebuds - Woods (my review of Loud Planes Fly Low)


• Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears - Livin' In The Jungle


• Black Lips - Modern Art (my interview with the band)


• Lykke Li – I Follow Rivers



• The Pains of Being Pure At Heart - Heart In Your Heartbreak (my review of Belong)

No comments: